Accessing the Archive from Android Based Devices
In addition to the MailStore Client software and MailStore Web Access, MailStore Server also provides access to the archive using an Android based device.
There are two ways to access the MailStore archive with your Android based device:
- Using an Email Client - By adding an additional email account you can access your MailStore archive just like any other email account.
- Using a Web Browser - Using a web browser, navigate to MailStore Mobile Web Access to access your MailStore archive. No further configuration of your Android based device is needed.
Using the Email Client
To allow access to the MailStore archive using the email client of the Android based device, the MailStore Server-integrated IMAP server must be activated and configured. This procedure is described in chapter MailStore Server Service Configuration.
Adding an Email Account
Due to many manufacturer modified Android versions, adding an email account differs from Android based device to another. Therefore you only find a short overview of the required parameters here.
Settings for Incoming Email
- Type: IMAP
- Username: Your MailStore user name.
- Password: Your MailStore password.
- IMAP server: IP address or DNS host name of your MailStore Server
- Port: By default, MailStore uses port 143. If you have changed this setting in the MailStore Server Service Configuration, please enter the appropriate port instead. For Security Type: SSL (Accept all certificates) the default port is 993.
- Security type: Choose between None and TLS (Accept all certificates). Depending on the configuration of the MailStore IMAP server, you can also choose SSL (Accept all certificates).
Settings for Outgoing Email
For the outgoing mail server, enter the same settings as when sending mail using your regular email account. MailStore Server does not provide its own SMTP server and cannot serve as outgoing mail server
Using a Web Browser
Accessing MailStore Web Access is not much different from accessing other websites using the web browser of your Android based device.
General use and procedure are described in chapter Accessing the Archive with MailStore Web Access of the MailStore Server manual.