Accessing the Archive from iOS Based Devices
In addition to the MailStore Client software and MailStore Web Access, MailStore Server also provides access to the archive using an iPhone or iPod touch (software version 2.0 or later).
There are two ways to access the MailStore archive with your iPhone or iPod touch:
- Using an Email Client - By adding an additional email account you can access your MailStore archive just like any other email account.
- Using a Web Browser - Using a web browser, navigate to MailStore Mobile Web Access to access your MailStore archive. No further configuration of your iPhone or iPod touch is needed.
Using the Email Client
To allow access to the MailStore archive using the email client of the iPhone or iPod touch, the MailStore Server-integrated IMAP server must be activated and configured. This procedure is described in chapter MailStore Server Service Configuration.
Opening an Email Account
- On the start screen of your iPhone or iPod touch select Settings.
- Select Mail, contacts, calender and then Add account.
- Select Other.
- Select Add mail account.
- Fill out the fields Name, Email address, Password and Description and select Next.
- Select IMAP.
- Fill out the fields under Server for incoming emails:
- Host Name: Host name or IP address of your MailStore Server
- User Name: Your MailStore Server user name
- Password: Your MailStore Server password
- Fill out the fields under Server for outgoing emails:
- Host Name: Host name or IP address of your regular SMTP server
- User Name: Your email server user name
- Password: Your email server password
- Select Next.
- Select Save.
Using a Web Browser
Accessing MailStore Mobile Web Access is not much different from accessing other websites using the web browser of your iPhone or iPod touch.
General use and procedure are described in chapter Accessing the Archive with MailStore Mobile Web Access of the MailStore Server manual.