Archiving Emails from Kerio Connect
Please note: This tutorial only covers the specifics of archiving a Kerio Connect server (former Kerio MailServer). It is assumed that you already have a MailStore Server installation or test installation and are familiar with the fundamentals of MailStore Server. Please refer to the Manual or Quick Start Guide for more information.
MailStore Server offers several ways to archive emails from a Kerio Connect server, which are described below. If you are not sure which archiving method best suits your company, please refer to chapter Choosing the Right Archiving Strategy.
- 1 Archiving Individual Mailboxes
- 2 Archiving Multiple Mailboxes in One Step
- 3 Archiving Incoming and Outgoing Emails Directly
- 4 Weblinks
Archiving Individual Mailboxes
When archiving individual mailboxes, Kerio Connect functions the same as any other email server. Please refer to the corresponding chapter Archiving Server Mailboxes in the MailStore Server manual.
Archiving Multiple Mailboxes in One Step
When archiving multiple mailboxes, Kerio Connect functions the same as any other email server. Please refer to the corresponding chapter Batch Archiving of IMAP Mailboxes in the MailStore manual.
Archiving Incoming and Outgoing Emails Directly
The Kerio Connect server offers an easy way to deliver all emails to a Kerio Connect specific archiving mailbox. MailStore Server archives this mailbox by means of an archiving task of type Archiving IMAP and POP3 Multidrop Mailboxes.
Step 1: Setting up a Kerio Connect Archiving Mailbox
- Click on Configuration and then on Archiving and Backup
- Open the Archiving tab
- Select the checkbox Enable email archiving
- Select the checkbox Archive to the remote email address and enter the email address of the archive mailbox (e.g. email@example.com) into the textfield.
- Select all four options under Archive:
- Local messages
- Incoming messages
- Outgoing messages
- Relayed messages
Step 2: Permanently Deleting Successfully Archived Emails
By default, Kerio Connect moves all emails that were deleted through IMAP into the folder Deleted Items. As a result, those emails that were successfully archived and then deleted by MailStore are moved into this folder as well. To eliminate this behavior and remove all archived emails from the archiving mailbox permanently, please follow the steps below:
- In any web browser, open the Kerio Connect Webmail
- Log in as user of the archive mailbox
- Click on User settings
- Open the General tab
- Select the checkbox Delete messages permanently (don’t move them to the Deleted Items folder)"
Step 3: Configuration of MailStore Server
Configure MailStore Server to archive the Kerio Connect archive mailbox in regular intervals (e.g. daily at 11pm) using an archiving taks of type IMAP-Sammelpostfach.
After archiving, emails can and should be deleted from the Kerio Connect archive mailbox automatically by MailStore Server. The MailStore Server archiving task can be configured accordingly.