Archiving Emails from Kerio Connect
Please note: This tutorial only covers the specifics of archiving a Kerio Connect server (former Kerio MailServer). It is assumed that you already have a MailStore Server installation or test installation and are familiar with the fundamentals of MailStore Server. Please refer to the Manual or Quick-Start-Guide.
MailStore Server offers several ways to archive emails from a Kerio Connect server, which are described below. If you are not sure which archiving method best suits your company, please refer to chapter Choosing the right archiving strategy.
Archiving Individual Mailboxes
When archiving individual mailboxes, Kerio Connect functions the same as any other email server. Please refer to the corresponding chapter Archiving Server Mailboxes in the MailStore Server manual.
Archiving Multiple Mailboxes in One Step
When archiving multiple mailboxes, Kerio Connect functions the same as any other email server. Please refer to the corresponding chapter Batch Archiving of IMAP Mailboxes in the MailStore manual.
Archiving Incoming and Outgoing Emails Directly
Kerio offers an easy way to send copies of all incomming and outgoing emails to a dedicated archiving mailbox. This mailbox can be used as an archiving source for MailStore's "IMAP Multidrop" archiving profile.
Step 1: Set up archiving
- Go to Configuration | Archiving and Backup
- Open the tab Archiving
- Activate Enable mail archiving by selecting the appropriate option
- Enable the "Archive to remote email address" function and enter the email address of the archiving mailbox, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enable all four options in the archiving section (Local messages, Incoming messages, Outgoing messages, Relayed messages)
Step 2: Deleting successfully archived emails
By default Kerio's IMAP server moves all emails marked as deleted into the sub folder "Deletes Objects". This means, that all emails successfully archived and marked for deletion by MailStore Server will also be moved into the "Deletes Objects" subfolder. To prevent this behavior and really purge all succesfully archived mails from the archiving mailbox, follow these few steps:
- open your webbrowser and navigate to the webmail client of your Kerio server
- log on to the user of the archive mailbox
- open the settings section
- choose the general tab
- enable the option "Delete messages permanently (don't move them to the Deleted Items folder)"