MailStore Server allows the creation of jobs to execute server side Management API-Commands in the background. Templates are available for the most important Management API-Commands, which ease the setup process.
To create a new job follow these steps:
- Log on to MailStore Client as MailStore administrator.
- Click on Administrative Tools > Management API and then Jobs.
- Select a template for the job to be created in the Create Job section or click on Manual... to set up background execution of an other Management API-Command.
- If a template was selected, it may be necessary to make additional settings in the Common Settings section of the New Job dialog. Otherwise enter the Management API-Command and all its arguments in the Action text box in the same way as you would in the Management Shell.
- Specify when and how often the job is to be executed in the Schedule section.
- Please note: Running storage maintenance commands too often may have a negative impact on the overall performance of the system and thus should preferably done outside of typical working hours.
- Click OK to create the new job.
The newly created job will now be executed in the background based on its defined schedule. Jobs can be run manually already before its first automatic execution, in order to verify if the job execution results in the expected behavior.