MailStore Web Access Integration in Outlook Web App
To offer users of Outlook Web App (formerly known as Outlook Web Access) the best possible integration of MailStore Web Access, you have the possibility to add a MailStore Web Access button side-by-side to the Email, Calendar, Contacts, etc. buttons. If a user clicks on the MailStore Web Access button, it opens inside a new browser window.
Please note: The following instructions refer to Exchange Server 2007 and 2010 only.
To add the MailStore Web Access button to your Outlook Web App, follow these steps:
- First download Owa-uiextensions.zip from the MailStore web site.
- Decompress its contents to the Outlook Web App customization folder. Depending on your Exchange Server installation, this might be one of the following folders:
Important: If you already have customized anything in OWA, make sure that you don't overwrite the UIExtensions.xml file. Merge both files instead.
- Exchange 2007
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\Owa\forms\Customization
- Exchange 2010
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Owa\forms\Customization
- Open the file UIExtensions.xml with your favourite text editor (e.g. notepad.exe)
- Replace the MailStore Web Access URL with the correct URL of your MailStore Server (e.g. http://mailstoreserver/)
Hint: If you are using Windows authentication, add the /n/ to the URL (e.g. http://mailstoreserver/n/) to bypass the login screen.
- Save the changes and close the editor.
- Execute the following command to restart the Internet Information Server (IIS):
- Now you should see a MailStore Icon in the Outlook Web App navigation bar.