Moving the Archive
Revision as of 09:42, 16 June 2010 by Admin (Changed first heading.)
Move MailStore Server installation to a new server?
Q: I want to move my whole MailStore Server installation to a new server. What is the best-practice for this?
A: To migrate MailStore Server to a new machine including all users, settings and emails follow these steps:
- Stop MailStore Server Service on the current machine, either trough the MailStore Basic Configuration or the service control panel
- Copy the directory "MailArchive" and all file-groups that exist on the current machine to the new machine. Directory stucture should be preserved.
- Uninstall MailStore Server on the current machine. Use Add/Remove Programs available in the control panel
- Move the file MailStoreServer.lic (can be found in %programfiles%\deepinvent\MailStore Server\MailStoreServer.lic") to a save location (e.g. USB-Disk) before removing the directory %programfiles%\deepinvent\MailStore Server
- Install MailStore Server on the new machine. Choose "Existing Archive" and select the path to directory where you copied your archive to
- Start Mailstore Server and install MailStoreServer.lic license file
Move archive to external harddisk
- MailStore Server
- To migrate MailStore Server to a new location:
- Stop MailStore Server Service, either trough the MailStore Basic Configuration or the service control panel
- Copy the archive directory (default: C:\MailArchive) and all subdirectories to the new location. Directory structure must be preserved.
- Run the MailStore Server Base Configuration utility and change the directory of the "Master Database" to the new location.
- Start MailStore Server Service again.
- Notice: Please be aware, that the throughput of the external harddisk may have a negative impact on the performance of MailStore.