Template:Archiving Exchange Single Mailbox
By following the procedure described here, a single Exchange mailbox can be archived for a specific MailStore user. The archiving process can be executed manually or automatically according to a schedule.
Setup of the Archiving Process
For each mailbox, please proceed as follows:
- Unless the mailbox of the current user is to be archived into his or her own user archive, log on to MailStore Client as MailStore administrator. Only an administrator can archive emails for other users.
- Click on Archive Email.
- From the list in the upper area of the window, select Microsoft Exchange to created a new archiving profile.
- A wizard opens to assist in specifying the archiving settings.
- Select Single Mailbox.
- Under Access via, select the protocol to be used to access the Exchange server. Whenever possible, HTTPS should be used.
- Please note: Depending on the protocol chosen, there is the option to Ignore SSL Warnings. Generally, these warnings appear if an unofficial certificate is used on the server.
- Under Host, enter the name of the Exchange server.
- Under User Name, enter the Windows login name of the user whose emails are to be archived (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please note: Alternatively, any user with the appropriate access privileges for the mailbox to be archived can be specified. In this case, it is imperative that the mailbox to be archived is specified under Mailbox (opt.) see below.
- As long as the user's email address matches that of the user's Windows login name, the field Mailbox (opt.) can be left blank. Otherwise, the user's email address has to be entered here.
- Under Password, enter the user's password.
- Click on Test to verify that MailStore can access the mailbox.
- Click on Next.
- If needed, adjust the settings for the List of Folders to be Archived, the filter and the Deletion Rules. By default, no emails will be deleted from the mailbox. The Timeout value only has to be adjusted in specific cases (e.g. with very slow servers).
Important notice: Did you specify IMAP as the protocol and have also defined a deletion rule? If so, empty folders (folders containing no emails, such as Deleted Items or Contacts) have to be added to the list of excluded folders manually. This is the only way to avoid these folders being archived and deleted according to the deletion rule specified. Please read more in chapter Archiving Specific Folders.
- Click on Next to continue.
- If logged on to MailStore Server as MailStore administrator, the Target Archive can be specified. Select the archive of the user for whom the selected mailbox is to be archived. If the user does not exist yet, click on Create a New User.
- Click on Next.
- At the last step, a name for the archiving profile can be specified. After clicking Finish, the archiving profile will be listed under Saved Settings (Profiles) and can be run immediately, if desired.