shows you how to migrate a MailStore Server installation into the MailStore SPE. |+|
This guide how to a MailStore Server installation into MailStore SPE .
| || |
|−|This can be desired if the customer has been using MailStore Server before, but now he wants the archive to be stored in a service provider's datacenter. |+|
the , the to a .
| || |
|−|Also, when an on- premise mailserver or on-premise e-mail files, like PSTs, should be archived by an SPE instance, it might be a good decision to do the [http://en.help.mailstore.com/ Archiving_Email initial archiving with MailStore Server] in the customer's infrastructure, and then migrating the resulting MailStore databases into SPE. Since the MailStore databases usually are considerable smaller then the uncompressed e -mail volume, the amount of data to be transferred initially is significantly less. Usually a [https://my.mailstore. com/ TrialLicense/RequestForm?lang=en MailStore Server Trial license] will do for that purpose. |+|
the 's , the MailStore .
the MailStore are the e. a ./
] that .
| || |
|−|The two products use a slightly different format of the ''MasterDatabase'', which contains the configuration , therefore it is not possible to move the entire ''MailArchive'' directory of MailStore Server into the SPE. |+|
|−|However, it is possible to transfer all the ''archive stores'', which contain the actual messages. |+|
the configuration of MailStore Serverthe to the
| || |
First you have to [[Instance_Management_-_General_Administration#Creating_Instances| create an instance]]. The instance does not have to be started yet. |+|
* , either or by directory service.
|−|* Stop all archiving profiles in MailStore Server, either by setting the execution mode to ''manual'' or by disabling all scheduled tasks. |+|
|−|* [http://en.help.mailstore.com/MailStore_Server_Service_Configuration Stop] the MailStore Server service. |+|
* Create .
|−|<p class="msnote">'''Important Notice:''' Do not start any of the archiving jobs on MailStore Server again, or else you might risk that some mails will not be archived by the new instance in the SPE.</p> |+|
* the rest of the configurationprofiles.
|−|* Copy the ''archive store'' directories from MailStore Server into the instance's ''Data'' directory . Do not transfer the ''MailStoreMaster.fdb'' and ''MailStore.xml'' files. Make sure, there is no remaining ''.lock'' file in one of the archive store directories. If there is any, the service is not stopped yet completely. When there are identical folder names, do not merge them, give them unique names before, instead. | |
Start the SPE instance. | |
|−|* [[Instance_Management_-_Instance_Administration#Attach_Existing_Archive_Store|Attach]] the transferred archive stores to the newly created instance. | |
|−|* Depending on your setup: | |
|−|** Create users or synchronize the instance with a directory service. | |
* Set compliance options. | |
|−|** Check the rest of the configuration . | |
|−|** Set up archiving profiles. | |
This guide explains how to turn a MailStore Server installation into a MailStore SPE Instance.
As the two products use a slightly different format of the master database (MailStoreMaster.fdb), which contains the configuration, it is not possible to move the entire MailArchive directory of MailStore Server onto a MailStore SPE Instance Host. However, it is possible to transfer all archive stores, which contain the actual messages, by following these simple steps:
- First create a new MailStore SPE Instance. The instance must not be started yet.
- Stop all archiving profiles in MailStore Server, either by setting the execution mode to manual or by disabling all scheduled tasks.
- Stop the MailStore Server service.
- Copy all archive store directories from MailStore Server into the instance's Data directory. Do not transfer the MailStoreMaster.fdb and MailStore.xml files. Make sure, there is no remaining .lock file in any of the archive store directories. If there is, the MailStore Server service has not been stopped completely yet. When there are identical folder names, do not merge them, but give them unique names instead.
Important Notice: After this step, do not run any of the archiving profiles in MailStore Server again, otherwise you might risk that emails are not getting archived by the MailStore SPE Instance (i.e. when a profile contains automatic deletion rules).
Depending on the previous configuration of MailStore Server, the following tasks are to be done to configure the MailStore SPE Instance accordingly:
- Create users, either manually or by synchronizing with a directory service.
- Configure compliance settings.
- Create archiving profiles.
- Verify the rest of the configuration, such as search index configuration, export profiles, permissions, etc.