- The installation process upgrades the software automatically by uninstalling any previous version first. Administrators will be asked during setup to confirm the uninstallation.
- During the installation process services are automatically stopped and restarted afterwards. Running archiving profiles will be cancelled and may show up as failed. Active user sessions will be terminated. Should stopping the service fail for any reason, please stop the service manually and run the installation again.
- In a multi server environment, upgrade the components in the following order: Management Server, Instance Host, Client Access Server
- Please note the following version specific upgrade notices. Also read the notices from all version numbers between yours and the one you are going to install.
Upgrading to Version 9.x
- System Requirements
Please ensure that your system configuration matches the updated system requirements. MailStore Service Provider Edition now requires .NET Framework 4.5.1. The E-mail Archive Client and E-mail Archive Add-in for Outlook now require .NET Framework 4.5.1 and Internet Explorer 8 or higher.
- E-mail Archive Client Compatibility
Due to a bug in version 8.5 of the E-mail Archive Client, it cannot update itself to version 9. Therefore re-deployment of version 9 of the E-mail Archive Client is required.
- PDF Support of Full Text Search
PDF support has been removed from MailStore SPE's own indexer. Therefore it is required to either install a recent version of Adobe Reader or an appropriate IFilter driver (i.e. Adobe PDF iFilter on the Instance Host machines.
- MailStore Management API
The Management API is now listening on its own TCP port, 8474 by default. It does no longer support sessions, thus login, logout and cookie handling is no longer required nor supported. HTTP basic authentication must be used instead. Please make sure to modify your scripts accordingly. The API is not enabled by default. You have to activate it in the Management Role.