- The installation process upgrades the software automatically by uninstalling any previous version first. Administrators will be asked during setup to confirm the uninstallation.
- During the installation process services are automatically stopped and restarted afterwards. Running archiving profiles will be cancelled and may show up as failed. Active user sessions will be terminated. Should stopping the service fail for any reason, please stop the service manually and run the installation again.
- In a multi server environment, upgrade the components in the following order: Management Server, Instance Host, Client Access Server
- Please note the following version specific upgrade notices. Also read the notices from all version numbers between yours and the one you are going to install.
Upgrading to Version 9.x
- System Requirements
Please ensure that your system configuration matches the updated system requirements. MailStore Service Provider Edition now requires .NET Framework 4.5.1. The E-mail Archive Client and E-mail Archive Add-in for Outlook now require .NET Framework 4.5.1 and Internet Explorer 8 or higher.
Important notice for service providers that have customers which are still on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003: As Microsoft does not provide .NET Framework 4.5.1 for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, these customers will not be able to install version 9 of the E-mail Archive Client and E-mail Archive Add-in for Outlook.
That means that archiving of locally stored emails from email clients or files (PST, EML, MSG) will no longer be possible in such environments after a service provider upgraded to version 9. Access to already archived emails can be achieved by using the E-mail Archive Add-in for Outlook in version 8.5. This will be supported until the end of extended support (July 14, 2015) for Windows Server 2003. After that, no backward compatibility can be guaranteed.
- E-mail Archive Client Compatibility
Due to a bug in version 8.5 of the E-mail Archive Client, it cannot update itself to version 9. Therefore re-deployment of version 9 of the E-mail Archive Client is required.
- PDF Support of Full Text Search
PDF support has been removed from MailStore SPE's own indexer. Therefore it is required to either install a recent version of Adobe Reader or an appropriate IFilter driver (i.e. Adobe PDF iFilter on the Instance Host machines.
- MailStore Management API
The Management API is now listening on its own TCP port, 8474 by default. It does no longer support sessions, thus login, logout and cookie handling is no longer required nor supported. HTTP basic authentication must be used instead. Please make sure to modify your scripts accordingly. The API is not enabled by default. You have to activate it in the Management Role.