To start, stop or restart instances follow the steps:
- Log on to the Management Console, if not already logged on.
- Click on General > Instances.
- Select one or multiple instances from the list using the appropriate checkboxes.
- Click either on Start, Safe Mode, Stop or Restart.
Please notice that the Start Mode of an instance must be set to Automatic or Manual in order to start an instance.
An instance can be started in Safe Mode to perform maintenance on its configuration.
While the Safe Mode is active:
- Only administrators can log in to the instance
- Automatic archiving and export profiles are not started
- Jobs are not started automatically
- All internal heartbeats are disabled